WE FIGHT FOR HEALTH
Being healthy is central to living a better life. Whether it’s access to regular check-ups, having someone to talk to about your mental well-being or learning healthy behaviors, being healthy can dramatically influence someone’s life. Last year, United Way helped 6,205 Central Floridians increase their health and well-being by leveraging more than $5 million into health-related services and programs.
UNITED WAY MANAGED PROGRAMS
- 4,539 HIV/AIDS patients in Orange, Osceola, Seminole and Brevard county improved their quality of life through the Ryan White ACA and Ryan White Part B/General Revenue programs.
- 342 children and their families were able to identify potential developmental or behavioral concerns and were linked to community supports through the Help Me Grow program. Because of Help Me Grow, 94% of parents and caregivers increased their knowledge about child developmental milestones.
- 174 clients affected by the June 12, 2016 Pulse tragedy received mental health care through the Orlando United Assistance Center.
UNITED WAY FUNDED PROGRAMS FAST FACTS
- 1,323 Central Floridians participated in health education programs, improved their eating habits, increased physical activity, and accessed health care services
- 89% of parents and caregivers improved their parenting skills
- 79% of children demonstrated age-appropriate levels of developmental functioning
- 89% increased knowledge about healthy food and exercise options
- 86% enrolled in health insurance programs
- 65% achieved one or more health care treatment goals
PARTNER AGENCIES IN HEALTH
Heart of Florida United Way has partnered with non-profit agencies across Orange, Osceola and Seminole counties to increase access to health care and well-being awareness. It is only by working united that Central Floridians will be able to live a healthier and better life.
- Community Based Care of Central Florida, Inc.
- Grace Medical Home
- Health Care Center for the Homeless, Inc.
- Howard Phillips Center for Children & Families
- UCP of Central Florida