WE FIGHT FOR EDUCATION
A good education is the foundation to a better life. With a solid education, doors of opportunity open towards sustainable employment, and thus, financial stability. United Way programs boosted the chance of success for 3,855 students, ranging from pre-
K to pre-law. This was due to nearly $2 million of leveraged investment in programs and services that cater to the needs of students and their families.
UNITED WAY MANAGED PROGRAMS
- 132 pre-school students received individualized attention through the ReadingPals While these students began the academic year under performing in reading comprehension, by the end of the year, 71% tested kindergarten ready.
- 338 first-generation, low-income and/or veteran students enrolled at Seminole State College received assistance through the Destination Graduation Because of the unique partnership between Heart of Florida United Way, Seminole State College and SunTrust Foundation, 75% of the students were able to stay enrolled in class and re-enroll the next term.
UNITED WAY FUNDED PROGRAMS FAST FACTS
- 1,469 students were impacted by services that provided early-childhood education, supported positive academic outcomes through academic achievement, school attendance, and grade promotion, and assisted youth and their families in developing a written graduation and post-secondary plan
- 97% of children and youth improved their school attendance rates
- 89% of youth achieved an on-track GPA to move to the next grade
- 100% of high school seniors graduated on time
PARTNER AGENCIES IN EDUCATION
Heart of Florida United Way has partnered with non-profit agencies across Orange, Osceola and Seminole counties to ensure students get the assistance they need to succeed. It is only by working united that Central Florida students will be able to live a better life.
- After School Programs, Inc.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida
- City Year Orlando
- Elevate Orlando
- Foundation for Orange County Public Schools
- Hope CommUnity Center
- Orlando Community & Youth Trust
- Seminole County Bar Association Legal Aid Society, Inc.
- Urban Think Foundation
Updated June 2020